1) What five operas would you most like to see performed?
2) What five pieces would you most like to hear performed?
3) What five living performers would you most like to meet?
4) What five living composers would you most like to meet?
5) What five living musicians (composers, performers, writers, scholars, etc) would you most like to play three-on-three basketball with/against?
Post your answers in comments or on your blogs. Thanks. I'll post mine later.
2 Nov: My answers are in the comments.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Okay, when do we see your answers? :)ReplyDelete
(Posting this just so I can check "email follow-up comments to me."ReplyDelete
1) Berg, WozzeckReplyDelete
Janacek, Makropolus Case
Ligeti, Grande Macabre
Messiaen, St. Francis
Saariaho, L'Amour de Loin
2) Carter, Concerto for Orchestra
Feldman, Rothko Chapel
Rzewski, People United...
3) Dawn Upshaw
4) Elliott Carter
5) On my team, David Starobin, because he could set picks; and David Robertson, to run the offense.
Against: Glass, Adams, and Reich, because I bet they'd argue amongst themselves no end.
Blogged @ ClassicallyHipReplyDelete
Oh, now WHY did I not think of Rothko Chapel?ReplyDelete
Blogged at Vftp.ReplyDelete
Since I'm late, I'll just go for the operas:ReplyDelete
Cilea, "L'Arlesiana" (with Jonas Kaufmann)
Hanson, "Merry Mount"
Vivaldi, "Judita Triumphans" (ok, ok, it's an oratorio)
Ponchielli, "I Lituani"