1.12.04

Basics, etc.

Reader response to the post on spelling led me to look for a site with good explanations of basic music theory. I found this one, where the tutorial on intervals provides good information for those who wanted a little background to more easily follow the discussion of spelling.

I've added Fred Himebaugh's Fredösphere to the blogroll. Question, and please, give it to me straight: Does my blogroll make me look fat?

Alex Ross makes a great point in a post on Jay Greenberg:

How about a TV profile of a grown-up composer — say, Steve Reich on the occasion of his seventieth birthday next year, highlighting his mammoth influence on every form of contemporary music?

2 comments:

  1. > Does my blogroll make me look fat?

    You could lose a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! No blogroll that includes The Fredösphere can ever be considered anything but beautiful.

    I'll add your blog to my roll, just as soon as I can get blogger.com to republish my entire website, which I expect to happen in about a thousand years hence.I'm definitely going to look at that theory site. My dream is to find something suitable for teaching my kids. The oldest is only 5 (almost 6) but he has started piano so it's not too early for him in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete